Cancer Thriving and Surviving
Cancer: Thriving and Surviving (CTS) Program
The Cancer: Thriving and Surviving (CTS) Program is a 6- week workshop developed to help individuals who are cancer survivors to better manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives. Participants make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.
- Small group workshop
- 5 hours per session, 1 session per week for 6 weeks
- It is the process in which the program is taught that makes it effective. Classes are highly participative, where mutual support and success build the participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
- Community settings such as senior centers, churches, libraries and hospitals.
- Special attention will be given to making the location accessible to all.
- A room large enough for all participants to gather comfortably, plus space for 2 leaders and their materials.
- People who are managing cancer or are in remission
- 12-16 participants per workshop
Participant Receive the following materials free:
- Living a Healthy Life With Chronic Conditions, 4th Edition
- Relaxation for Mind and Body(Relaxation CD)
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain, isolation, poor sleep and living with uncertainty
- Appropriate exercise for regaining and maintaining flexibility, and endurance
- Making decisions about treatment and complementary therapies
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Setting priorities